Scanning is becoming increasingly popular within the geospatial community. This three-afternoon, online training class will show how to process scanned point cloud data using TBC to derive quality CAD products
Scanning is becoming increasingly popular within the geospatial community. This three-afternoon, online training class will show how to process scanned point cloud data using TBC to derive quality CAD products which can be used for inspection, drafting, or export to 3rd-party software.
Using examples from Trimble’s popular SX10 scanning total station, this class will include:
- Importing, viewing, & rendering point cloud data in Trimble Business Center
- Registering “scan station” data
- Creating, classifying, and isolating scan “regions”
- Generating core CAD deliverables, including points, lines, surfaces, contours
- Productivity tools such as Smart Pick & Virtual DR
- Working with cutting planes, limit boxes, surface slicer and other views
- Digital orthophoto creation
- Boundaries, breaklines, volumes…and more!
Class will consist of lecture, group discussion & hands-on exercises. Download links to course handouts, sample data and digital resource information will be provided. Prior experience may be helpful but is not required.
Those wishing to participate will need a suitable laptop PC meeting minimum system requirements for TBC. Ability to connect to and download internet data will be part of this class. Software download links and 30-day TBC demo codes will be issued prior to class; students will be urged to install & activate beforehand (installation & licensing tech support will NOT be available day-of-class).
This class will be taught by our Trimble Certified Trainer, Greg Hazelquist, LSIT. If you have any questions, please contact him by phone (480) 710-1983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
24 (Wednesday) 1:00 pm - 26 (Friday) 4:00 pm MST